As the new year begins it is always a time of reflection on the past year on things you want to improve on for the following year. What you did great and want to keep doing. And goals that you are setting to achieve this year that maybe were not met last year or just new goals you are setting altogether. Whatever the case may be we are all together striving for a better tomorrow. As my goal this year is to strive to be the best me; each day I try to remember these 5 things and thought I would share them with you...
- SELF LOVE: You can never love yourself to much. To many times we look in the mirror and we are our own worst critics; we pick ourselves apart until nothing is left. But what if instead we looked in the mirror and pointed out all the things we loved about ourselves. Instead of showing yourself hate give yourself some "self love". I challenge you to look in the mirror every morning and say 3 things you like about yourself. After awhile it will become a habit and before you know it you will forget about all those tiny things that bothered you and focus on all the great things.
- NEVER COMPARE: It is easy to get caught up in comparing ourselves to others especially with it being so readily available through social media that we forget we are all on unique paths and that we are all individuals placed on this earth for an individual reason. I know especially being a mother it is so easy to compare ourselves to eachother feeling as though we are not good enough, we are not doing enough etc. We all must remember to just focus on our own paths and forget what everyone else is doing.
- CREATE ATTAINABLE GOALS: It is easy to write down a big goal you want to achieve but it is another to actually go after it and start working on it. Often, we create these big goals that never get completed because they feel like huge elephants that are just unattainable but yet we want them anyways. So instead you must take that one big goal and break it down into smaller goals! This way it feels as though you are actually achieving things as you move closer to the end goal. Thus, making you feel as though you are actually getting somewhere instead of getting discouraged because the big goal has not been met yet. It is all about taking small steps to a large success. And if you just keep on pushing you eventually will get to the top reaching the big goal and looking back thinking now that wasn't so hard!
- TAKE RISKS: Far to many times we want something but we never go after it because we are afraid of failure. But how will you ever know how successful or how great you could be if you do not take the risk and atleast try! I encourage you today to take the road that is unknown and take the risk. Who knows you might just surprise yourself! No greater reward than taking a risk on yourself!
- BE YOU: So many times we look at someone else's life and or their career or how they dress etc and try to copy it and then still somehow seem left with not the satisfaction we thought we would have after striving to be just like that person. I have learned that if you just focus on being yourself and what you want to do you will be left with a lot more happiness inside. Being you is the best person you can be because it is you. We can strive everyday to be like someone else but at the end we are still just who we are. So why not just embrace that person and working on just being the best you instead of trying to be a mediocre version of someone else.
I hope this has encouraged you to look in the mirror and start seeing you in a whole new light! Cents of Style is having an awesome 50% off sale on super chic inspiring t-shirts so grab one and start living that saying today! You can shop the collection HERE.
Until next time stay stylish and just be you!