What style to buy for your body type...
- Straight: Flattering for most body types can be easily paired with a great heel or a fun flat.
- Bootcut: This style is great for lengthening and ideal for women with curves or a less-than perfect tummy.
- Skinny: This style offers a sleek fit that is great to pair with high boots. They are great for small/slight women whose petite frame can be overwhelmed by too much fabric.
- Trouser: This jean is suited for most shapes. They are great if you are looking for a sophisticated, elegant and subtle sex appeal look. They are a great work denim if your work place allows it.
Brands to look out for:
- Paige: Named the "best butt jeans in the business"/ "perfect fitting jean"and by far my favorite denim! I love the dark washes and they have regular and mid-rise depending on what your body calls for. They seem to fit most of my customers since they have a wide range of styles. Being a proud owner myself of three different pairs, I can say they all look like I bought them yesterday and get the most compliments on them! They do not bag out or fade (when washed properly). They may not scream I am wearing designer denim but I sure know it when i am strutting in them. Designer was originally a fit model Paige Adams-Gellar.
- A.G.: Known for high quality, perfect washes and skillful designs. Really like their boyfriend cut.
- CJ by Cookie Johnson: Great for women with curves. Sizes range from 24 to 38. They have more of a sophisticated look but definitely not old mom jeans. Designer is the wife of Magic Johnson and was inspired to create this line due to the fact that she could never find that would fit her shape!
- Not Your Daughter Jeans: Ophra swears by them, so i know for most that says enough. But let me tell you if you have any problem areas these jeans will fix those imperfections. Great for women who want to hide a tummy or want to have a little lift in the back. They range from size 0 to 18W.
- J. Brand: If you are looking for a great cigarette jean this is the brand for you! They put curves first and turns minimalists into bootylicous! With a simple back pocket design and pure washes they are a great classic jean. They also cater to mothers to be!
- Habitual: Not only do they make a great white denim, there newest trousers are amazing!! They have just enough stretch for that impeccable fit, with clean silhouettes, and hand-distressed designs.
How to care for your denim: Since you are taking the time to shop for the perfect denim you should also take the time to care for them. Especially if you have made an investment in them you will really want them to last for years to come and they can if you care for them correctly. The first thing you want to do when you get your new pair of dark denim is wash them with a half of cup of white vinegar to set the dye. Also, I would recommend even if they are not dark denim to wash them before you have them tailored because they may shrink up in length. And nothing is worse than an ill fitted pair of denim. Ok, once you have set the dye and/or washed them to have them tailored there is no reason to wash your denim for at least a few months. I know it sounds crazy right, but I am serious the worst thing you can do for your denim is wash them. The longer you can wait the better! Denim will start to form to your body after a few weeks worth of wear which is when they will start to look their best. I even saw on the news a while back this college student had wore his denim for over a year without washing them and his teacher tested them; come to find out they had the same amount of germs that a pair of denim that had only been worn for two weeks. If you get a spot on them just wash that spot no reason to wash the whole pair. And NEVER put them in the dryer, thats like denim suicide!!
Happy denim shopping!!
Until next time stay styled right! xoxo FSR